Lula - Stephanie Plum Series

Lula was introduced in the first novel, One for the Money, as a minor character. She becomes more of a major character in Two for the Dough and from there forward. She is a plus size black woman who works as a prostitute with a regular corner on Stark Street. She quits her job as a ho an takes a job at Vincent Plums Bail Bonds as a filing clerk where she becomes more of a sidekick for Stephanie then office personnel.

Character Descriptions 

 "Vinnie writes the bonds. Connie shuffles paperwork. My sidekick, Lula, files when the mood strikes her." ~ Eleven on Top

It wasn't exactly that Lula was fat. It was more that she was too short for her weight. ~ Explosive Eighteen

Notable Quotes

 “Maybe your pregnant. Oops, hold on, you're not pregnant, on account of you're not gettin' any.” ~ Sizzlin' Sixteen

 "I need mood music. I gotta get myself ready to kick butt." ~ High Five
  
                                         ------------------------------------

"Hold on," Lula said, pulling a red flowered scarf from her coat pocket, tying the scarf on Harp's foot like a flag. "Don't want to get a ticket. I hear the police are real picky about having things sticking out of your trunk."

(stepanie): Especially dead guys. ~ Three to Get Deadly

                                           -----------------------------------------

“You read those adult magazines and they’re always talking about sex fantasies, but I say chip fantasies are where it’s at."

"I wouldn’t mind combining them," Grandma said. "Suppose you had some good-looking naked man feeding you the chips."

"No way," Lula said. "I don’t want to be distracted by no man when I’m eating chips. I’d rather have dip. Just get out of my way when I see the chips and dips."

"It’s good you have priorities," Grandma said. ~ Ten Big Ones

                                            -----------------------------------------

Character Description 

from Eleven on Top:
   ' a size-sixteen black woman squashed into a size-ten leopard print spandex. And the weird thing is, in her own way, Lula looks pretty good in the animal spandex.'

No comments:

Post a Comment